Saturday, January 30, 2010

(Insert Funny Title Here)

Working off of 4.5 hours of sleep. Last night was the first Friday in a while that I had to stay all night. A few interesting things I saw included a jacket with the Bill of Rights embroidered into it. I've also seen a few NASCAR jackets. The people wearing them don't exactly look like NASCAR fans. Also, at one point when I was trying to get to the beer cooler I got danced on by a young woman while her friend kept saying, "Oooh he fine! He fine!" What a country. Here is my training for today.

DE Squat: 10x2 @ 245
DE DL (chains): 5x1 @ 308 w/ 8 chains per side
Good Morning: 135x8; 185x6; 205x4
Walking Lunge: 3x20 steps w/ 110
w/
GH Hypers: 3x8 w/ 45

Squats were nothing new. I really focused on staying tight at the bottom and this seemed to help my speed. I went with chains today on the deadlift. It took me longer to set it up than it did to actually do the damn exercise. 8 chains per side is about 80 extra pounds at the top. I really liked how it felt. I could feel a lot more tension at the top. I am going to keep these in and play around with the set up and amount of chain weight.

Tomorrow I am going to be sore on my backside. Mostly from the lunges. This is what I affectionately call "lunge-ass". It's that soreness right below your ass cheek at the very top of your leg. This is the soreness that makes sitting to a toilet extremely difficult. I might need side rails tomorrow.

At some point today I am going to do some grip stuff, but it won't be anything exciting.

Dequaine out.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. -Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment