Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Party Tuesday

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling a little foggy today. That's ok because it was totally expected. When on an extremely low carb plan days 1-3 or 4 are usually the worst. After this your body becomes accustomed to using fat for fuel and energy levels remain steady. Due to my wavering energon (very few will know this reference) my lifts didn't go exactly as expected. The plan today was to work up to a single at 85% of my 1rm and squat and deadlift. Here's how it went.

Squat: worked up to 455x1 Knees came forward at the bottom causing my ass to shoot back on my ascent. Just need to take more time to open my hips in my warmup and trust myself at the bottom.
DL: worked up to 493x1 Went ok except I felt my back get loose and round. Just need to stay focused and controled while still jacked up from adrenaline. Belly needs to stay tighter as well.

Finished with reverse hypers and glute ham hypers. For abs I did weighted bridge/plank holds.

In the end I wasn't happy with the way my lifts turned out, but can't be discouraged. At the same time I can't use my nutrition as an excuse for my poor performance as it is much more than that. My morning wasn't planned out very well and my lifts suffered. I have no one to blame but myself. On a positive note though, even though this is a deload week I feel like I'm still getting quality work in and progressing nicely towards my goals for March. Just need to keep on...keep truckin'.

He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else. -Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment