Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lazy Sunday

I got up today at about 10 am and I've been sitting on my couch ever since. I've been experimenting with all kinds of different positions. Side, back, sitting upright, leaning to the left, feet up on the back rest, you name I've done it. I'm trying to watch football, but without an invested interest the games are hard to pay close attention too. Although I would like to see a Chargers-Saints Super Bowl. Lot of good story lines and two teams that are playing good football right now.

Today is Day 1 of the Face Diet.

Meal 1: 6 oz. Sirloin steak, 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites.
Meal 2: 3 whole eggs, 5-6 oz chicken breast
Meal 3: 3 whole eggs, 10 oz tuna
Meal 4: will be 1 scoop whey, 1 scoop casein, 3 whole eggs
Meal 5: will be same as meal 1

It's going good so far. No real big carb cravings. By day four or five that might be a different story though. I am planning on doing this for only a week or so. I am going to deload next week so the no carbs wont be as big of an issue for my training sessions. After next week I will add carbs back into my pre and post workout meals. In the third or fourth week I will add carbs back into my first meal or two of the day. All the while I will be assessing my strength levels. If I feel I am losing any strength then I will switch up the diet. I just want to lean out by 4 or lbs and continue getting stronger. This way I don't need to worry about cutting going into my meet in March and I can then afford to not be as strict with my diet.

I have completely forgotten to come at you with more songs that I love to train to. Today's selection is "Loudmouth" by The Ramones. I have been a Ramones fan since my early days of high school. The Ramones to me are the epitome of what punk rock is. They are simply music stripped down to its basic elements and played at loud levels. A guitar, a bass, a set of drums, and a vocalist. A few chords played in a catchy rhythm over and over with similarly catchy and minimalist lyrics that give you a picture into the artist life. Loudmouth almost sounds like the beginning of a playground fight between a couple of twelve-year-old kids. Nothing fancy, no metaphors, yet strangely poetic. Loudmouth becomes an anthem of shutting the hell up, doing what you got to do, or suffering the consequences. The Ramones are best listened to when the thinking caps are off and the energy is cranked to eleven. Coincidentally this is also when some of the best training is done.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. -Winston Churchill

1 comment: