Saturday, January 2, 2010

Saturday- Two-a-Days

I had two training sessions today. The first one was at NX Level Waukesha. Broke down like this:
DE Squat: 6x2 @ 265
DE DL: 8x1 @ 318
Good Morning: worked up to 300x1
Glute-Ham Hypers: 3x8 w/ purple band around neck

Squats felt good. I felt I was getting low enough. Speed seemed to pick up as the sets progressed. DL's felt fast and easy, as they should. Good mornings were hard. I trained earlier than normal and my back felt a little stiff. Glute-Hams were Glute-Hams. On to the second training session.

This session took place at Golden Corral Waukesha. If you are unfamiliar with it it is an all-you-can-eat-buffet. We had a good group come out. Myself, Allison, Jake, Dom LaFace, Giff, and Nic. During the summer Dom, Giff, and I had a discussion on who could eat the most. We all talked a big game and now it was time to put up or shut up. We weighed in before and after and whoever gained the most was the winner. Here are the weigh-ins:
Troy: 224.9
Dom: 226.6
Nic: 231.9
Giff: 205.8
Jake: Decided to be a baby and not compete
Allison: 142.1

My strategy was to eat as much meat as I could before I moved to desserts. Meat doesn't expand like starches and fiber does. Dom and I were sitting across from each other and eyeing each other the whole time. I'd come with a plate, then he'd come with a plate. I knew he had it when I went for my second dessert plate and he came back with a steak. Straight up machine-like. Here are the weigh-outs. Weight gained is in parentheses.
Troy: 230.2 (5.3)
Dom: 232.6 (6.0)
Nic: 235.5 (3.6)
Giff: 209.4 (3.6)
Jake: Baby
Allison: 144.7 (2.6)

The Troy Dequaine Courage Award goes to Allison. Not only did she come and sit through our gluttony, gain a solid 2.6 lbs, but we car pooled and she rode with all of us except for Jake. There were some bombs getting tossed around that car. Great job today Allie.

The Girl Scouts of America Least Valuable Eater Award goes to Giff. He talked a big game before hand, but called it quits because he "didn't want to puke." Nic and him tied, but Nic was never "in it to win it." He just wanted to watch the show. We called Giff out and he said some stuff about forgetting to drink water or something. But we know the real deal. He just can't hack it.

The Marlboro Man "Man-Up" Award goes to Dom. I was flat-out impressed with his appetite. When we were all breathing heavy and getting blurred vision he was calm, cool, and collected. He didn't really seem too uncomfortable when he was done. He just put down his spoon and said, "I'm done." He was never in doubt as to the victory. Here we have a post gluttony belly shot.

All in all a great training day. Next time we might do weight gained and belly circumference. But I'm sure that's a few months into the future.

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. ~Mark Twain

2 comments:

  1. Great Post- I respectfully accecpt my disrespectful award...I would just like to thank a couple of people...First of all, I would like to thank the mexican transvestite for breaking my will and providing me with a few dry heaving moments. Second, I would like to thank Gracilda, our waitress, whom deserved the three dollar tip I gave her at the end of the meal. She approached the removal of every plate with a facefull (sp.) of happiness. Third, I would like to thank Jake for showing up...yeah Nic you too. Fourth, Alison for cheating and drinking massive amounts of water. When did it become a liquid drinking contest? Fifth, I want to give my respects to Dom the CHAMP-E-ON. The medium rare steak you ate about three quarters of the way in was stuff of legends. I dont even think you used A-1. Finally, I would like to thank doucher Troy for making this happen. Although I basically resembled that skinny American translationist from "Saving Private Ryan"...ya the pussy who hid in the corner while his Jewish buddy was being murdered...I had alot of fun being with my coworkers. However, a true champion doesnt need a stage to eat.Today marks a day of important significance to me. Today is a Sunday. This blog creator knows what that means for me. Although I began my day with a healthy bowl of oatmeal and pro complex protein powder, I assure all who take interest in "200pounds" my day will not end with out at least one solid carbohydrate comatose (sp.) meal!!!!

    ReplyDelete