Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sat- DE SQ/DL

New kid, fake head butt!
Dynamic lower body today. I was feeling a bit unmotivated going in, but once I got the virtues flowing I was good to go. Sometimes just getting to the gym can be the hardes part of the workout. Once I am there some Pavlovian shit happens in my brain and I have no problem getting going. Just being at the gym seems to be like a trigger that gets me ready mentally to train. Enough talk. I'm not here to talk. I'm here to imform (clap) you about my workout. Lets get going.

DE Squat: 8x2 @ 235
DE DL: 5x1 @ 330
RDL: 220x8; 286X6,6
Abs

I tried a different band set up today. The bands were hooked about 4-6 inches lower than I normally have them. This gave me about the same tension at the bottom, but way more at the top. Once I found my groove with the squats they flew up. One thing I need to work on is pushing my elbows forward without letting the bar roll on my back.

Deadlifts felt fast and easy. I used a purple (average) band this week instead of a black (monster mini) and I couldn't tell a difference. I'm getting excited about Tuesday's deadlift max out.
Got to say congrats to my buddy Lance. He got a job this week at the Mokena Park and Rec Department. He is basically Mike Donnely from the movie Black Sheep.

If you've never seen this movie, go watch it. I'll wait. When you are done I will be the guy saying, "You're welcome." Awesome movie even though it is more or less Tommy Boy Part II. Anyway Lance is going to building an army of after school kids to do his bidding. I'm really excited about the possibilities. Guerrilla warfare, small explosives, grilling techniques, the differences between a 3-4 and a 4-3 defense, Lance will be teaching it all.

On a final note I want to say, "Dah nah na Duh nuh nanana GO PACK GO!"

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. Vince Lombardi

No comments:

Post a Comment