Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday Saturday Better Wear a Hat 'er Day

DE Squat: 8x2 @ 270
DE DL: 8x1 @ 375
RDL: 264x8; 308x6; 328x6
Leg Curl: 12,12,10
Rope Crunches: 3x12
Sprints: 10x20yds

Squats and Deadlifts were feeling good today. Squats I still need to really focus on my technique. It wasn't until the second rep of my fourth set when I remembered to push my elbows forward on my ascent. Deadlift felt fast. No one wants to read about my accessory stuff.

Since I was feeling so fast I decided to do some short sprints. 20 yards is right about where I would come out of my acceleration and transition in to my top-end mechanics. I came to the realization that teaching and doing are very different things. I had to remind myself of a lot of little things when I was doing these. Even still I am a lot faster than a lot of people might realize. I am even faster than fellow performance coach and former D-1 track athlete Allison Schnelle. One day she was talking big game and I challenged her to a race. It was a simple 10 yard dash. Long story short, she started early and I still beat her. She has not and will not hear the end of it. I go out of my way to remind her and anyone within earshot of the fact. Schnelle, you have been officially called out.

On another note, I've decided to go on a "face" diet. This diet consists of eating only things that at one point had or were well on their way to having a face. In short, no carbohydrates. I will make an exception and have some green veggies throughout the day. This is for fiber reasons only. This will last only a week and then I will add carbs back into my pre and post workout meals. I am doing this to front load any fat loss that might need to happen before my meet in March. Right now I'm about 3-5 lbs over and it would be nice to not have to cut any weight. I also wouldn't mind looking better without a shirt on. Sue me. That's all I got for today. Have a great weekend.

Know how sublime a thing it is To suffer and be strong. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment