Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Years

I got home from Envy this morning at 6:45 am. Last night I did about 50 sets of stair climbs in about 7.5 hours. My knees and feet were definitely a little achy when I went to bed. I normally don't sweat at all during a night at Envy, but last night was packed and I was busy from about 11:15am all the way to 6:15am.

My night started off with me being the Champagne Bitch. I had to walk around with big trays full of small champagne toast cups and let people take them. My boss said one per customer. He obviously doesn't get it. First off, you could give these people nail polish remover and they would drink it if it was free. Second off I had both hands full with the tray so all I could do is say, "One per customer ma'am." Yeah, listen to some honky? Not gonna happen.

Then I was busy with normal bar backing duties. Empty garbage, clean up puke, stock ice, grab bottles of liquor, clean glasses, etc. Glamorous, I know. I did get to see a few things that made the night. I saw a Scarface Jacket. Always a classic. Plenty of grills for me to judge. And to top it off our not-altogether-there security guard prevented our 5'5" 155 lb. male bartender from going into the female bathroom with a 5'9" probably 230 lb female. In his words, all he wanted to do was to say, "Hi." Paul is not a fan of bartenders going hoggin'.

As the night progressed I got more and more irritated by the amount of ignorance that runs through that place. This may sound bad- many of the other employees feel the same way- but when I work at Envy the money that is taken out of my taxes at NX Level comes full circle. My tax dollars go to the government, the government give it to them, they spend it on the dumbest shit out there which includes tipping bartenders and buying alcohol at outrageous prices. Seriously, $200 for a bottle of Grey Goose. I am not saying that everyone on public assistance spends there money in this way, but the ones that do need to have some kind of policy in place so they can't reproduce. I only half mean that. I just wish these ignorant people wouldn't pass their ignorance on to their offspring. I'll bust my ass so a single mom with a few kids can feed her family while she's between jobs, but I'm sick of busting my ass so dumb people can take advantage of a system that is designed for them to not have to live that way.

I'm just annoyed. I needed to get that off my chest. Thanks for reading. If you feel differently, or the same way as I do let me know. Leave a comment. I appreciate any and all feed back. Thanks, and have a great start to your new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment