Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday

Started today with 2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, and a pound of Jennie-O Turkey Ham. I don't exactly know what "Turkey Ham" is or is not, so let's just move on. Last day of the deload and it went pretty damn well. Sorry I'm not sorry for the gratuitous swears.

DE Squat: 5 sets of 2 @ 275 with no accommodating resistance
DE Deadlift: 5 sets of 1 @ 308 with no accommodating resistance
RDL: 2x15
Leg Curl: 2x15
GHR Situps: 2x15
Tabata Burpee Cleans: x4 min

Squats and deadlift went well. My depth on squats was a non-issue. Deadlifts were buttah. Rest of the stuff was just to get some blood flow going to the back side. Tabatas were hard as they should be. My first set of :20 sec I got 9 reps. The last set I got 6 so I was happy with that. By the time the fourth set rolled around I had to keep my eyes closed and go to my happy place. There are some weird things in my happy place. Don't ask.

In other news, I got asked to chaparone the Winter Trip for the Wunsch Family Foundation/ Circle of Friends. This a great charitable foundation. Every winter Jerry Wunsch and other former NFL players bring a group of kids, whom all have fought or are still fighting cancer, ranging in age from 7-14 to Wausau during the winter. While they are there the kids get to go tubing, downhill skiing, snowmobile riding, they go on a sleigh ride, and get to just be kids for a few days. Many of the kids have never seen snow let alone ski or ride snowmobiles, so this is always a great trip for them and they end up having a lot of fun. So if any of you are ever looking to do some donating, I got your hookup.

Behold I do not give lectures or a little charity, when I give I give of myself. -Walt Whitman

No comments:

Post a Comment