Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday

"I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed."

Nothing stung more as a kid than hearing those words. Not even a spanking or a jabbing of an index finger into my soft chest. It stung as a kid and Packers, I hope it stings now. So much potential, so much promise, all washed away in the desert sands. But as disappointed as I am, I am already looking forward to next season. This team has some very bright young stars. Rodgers, Jennings, Finley, Matthews, you guys are on baller alert. I have a feeling this game will leave a very bitter taste in the hearts, minds, and mouths of my favorite team and its fans. I also have a feeling that, like a phoenix, next years team will rise from the ashes of this years team and return to glory. You've been to the playoffs and now you know it is a whole other ball game than the regular season. Green Bay Packers...today is the first day of the next season.

There, I've vented and I'm done. No more about last nights game. I'm moving on. Today was a DE Bench day. Break it down:

DE Bench: 8x3 @155
Military Press: 3x6 @ 150
Weighted Dips: 3x10 w/ 25#
Weighted Fat Bar Chin Ups: 25 reps w/ 25#
Prowler: all low handle
8x20ydsx90lbs

Bench felt smooth and easy today. I felt like my setup was staying a lot tighter when I unracked the bar. Maintaining tightness in your whole body is key to benching success. MP went well. It's been a while since I've done these. Dips and chins went well. Also been a while since I've done these. What can I say about the prowler that hasn't already been said? It is what it is. It's not my favorite thing to do but I always feel better having done them.

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. George S. Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment