Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Little of This and a Little of That

Grip Work: Blob and Fat Bar hangs
Tire Hits: 5x10 hit on each side
Tempo Sprints: (~35 yds sprint/ ~35 yds jog)

My grip/ forearms were still a bit sore from deadlifting and fat bar chins. Being so I didn't push the grip too much. Thinking back to my failed attempt at 593 I think my grip done me wrong. Would I have gotten it with a stronger grip? Maybe, maybe not. But it was definitely a limiting factor.

I had some stuff on my mind so I decided to consult the tire...with a hammer. I used the 10 lb. hammer which allowed me to swing a lot harder and faster. I think these would be a lot more satisfying if I wasn't hitting a big rubber tire. If I was beating on an junk car, or some Precious Memories figurines, or some priceless artifacts in a museum I would do these every day. Fuck history. I don't really mean that.

Sprints went well. Hammies felt a little tight. Need to start stretching them more. Other than that hips have felt pretty good lately. No IT pain. No problems with my squatting technique. All good in the hood.

Tomorrow is How Much Ya Bench Day. I need to emphasize two things: Brad Pitt needs a beatin', I'm not on steroids. Classic. (If you don't know what I'm talking about watch the "How Much Ya Bench video from a recent post.)

Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error. Andrew Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment