Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesdee

Squat: 315x3; 405x1; 455x1; 495x1; 525x1ish
Rack Pulls: 355x3; 445x1; 535x1; 625x1
Reverse Hypers: 50 reps @ #15
Glute-Ham Hypers: 2x25 @ BW
Bridge Holds: 2x:30s on front and each side

Except for my last squat today was a pretty good day. 455 and 495 felt really good. I stalled for a fraction of a second on 495. On the 525 I was about 1.5" high and came a bit forward. Nic grabbed my chest (pervert) but didn't push up. In a competition the lift would have been red lighted all the way, but in training, nothing but whites. Even though I didn't technically get the lift I know what it feels like. I have the strength to get the lift I just have to stay consistent with my technique.

625 on the rack pull felt pretty good. I had the pin set about an inch below my kneecap. It was slow to my knee but the lockout felt fast and easy. I had to quick take my belt off and walk around taking deep breaths once I put the bar down. If it were a cartoon stars and little birds would have been circling my head. Bye-bye brain cells.

I was feeling pretty spent at this point in the workout. I went and got a drink and turned off Nic's cd that was playing and turned on the local classic rock station. Two minutes later Boston's "Let Me Take You Home Tonight" came on. Brad Delp belting out his straight forward intentions to some coy co-ed ignited a fire within. I was a new man. I was like a pheonix rising from its own ashes ready to take on whatever was before me. Man, I love that song. No pretenses, no ambiguity, just straight gettin' it on. Awesome.

Reverse and Glute-Ham hypers gave me a nice deep burn in the ass and hamstrings, respectively. I really need to start doing more core work. The bridge holds weren't hard, but weren't exactly a breeze either. I just need more volume on these.

Tomorrow is going to be grip training and top speed mechanics work. Don't blink, you might miss it.

I don't wanna make excuses, I don't wanna lie
I just got to get loose
With you tonight
-from Boston's "Let Me Take You Home Tonight"

No comments:

Post a Comment