Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Grippy Longstockings

Today I did some sprint work. Allison and I are in the works of organizing a race between us. Probably either a 40 yard dash or 100 meter dash. I can tell she is nervous. She went out of her way to critique my mechanics. I don't know why she's nervous, she is a former Div. 1 heptathlete and I am a 220 lb. former defensive lineman. Anyways, the race is probably going to be sometime this summer. Stay tuned.

Various sprint drills culminating in 2 20yd sprints, 2 30yd sprints, and 1 40yd sprint.

Hammies started to feel tight after the 40 so I shut it down. There are definitely things that I can fix in my mechanics which will help my speed.

Ended with some grip work. Blob for a bunch of sets. CoC gripper for a few sets.

No I want to get something off my chest. Actually I'm going to talk about something that I regularly put on my chest. That's right I'm going to talk about Old Spice Cologne: Original Scent.
I have and always will be an Old Spice man. It didn't take me long as a teenager to discover that Old Spice was the best deodorant and antiperspirant and it hasn't taken me long as a young adult to realize that it is the best cologne. It has that certain smell that triggers something in your brain that reminds you of your youth. That's because your grandfather more than likely wore Old Spice. Mine did. And if it's good enough for our grandfathers, by George, it's good enough for me.

The reason for this rant is I am getting real sick of these Axe Body Spray deals. If you had walked around with that garbage in the 50's you would've had a real tough time. I can see it now, you're walking down the street smelling like last nights whore and you get stopped by someone you don't want to get stopped by. "Now hold on there Mary," he says. "Your pungent perfume is playing piddlywinks with my sense of smell. You'd better scram before I give you what for."

While he is saying this he is raising his dukes. The knuckles are scarred and bruised because he made mince meat of someone like you not long ago. My point is it's time to grow up. My grandfather wore Old Spice, I wear Old Spice, and one day my son will wear Old Spice.

Sometimes the truth hurts. And sometimes it feels real good. -Henry Rollins

No comments:

Post a Comment