Thursday, January 14, 2010

ME Bench

Went off of a 2-Board today.
225x3; 270x1; 285x1; 300x1; 315x0; 305x1 (PR); 315x0
Lateral Raises: 3x12
Rope Tri Pushdowns: 3x20
Seated Row: 3x20

2-Board went great today. I wanted 300 and ended with 305 which is a 5 lb. PR for me. The first 315 miss my lats got lose about an inch away from the board and I had no pop off the board. The second miss went "better". I stayed tight to the board and got it about 2" off the board but my triceps had had it by then and I couldn't finish the lockout. Normally I don't like to miss weights in training, but with getting a PR the last two heavy training days I can't be too upset.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed, but I may be going to Vegas in May. Insert your Hangover joke here. Speaking of which, I finally saw The Hangover this past weekend. It felt like I had already seen it with everyone and their cousin quoting it. Regardless, it was still wicked funny and I am looking forward to a second viewing.

I do not fear failure. I only fear the "slowing up" of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, "Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?" General George S. Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment