Tuesday, January 5, 2010

ME Lower

Awesome training session today. I was feeling strong in my rolling out and dynamic mobility stuff. Here is how the day broke down.

ME Squat (3rm): 315x3; 405x3; 425x3; 455x3; 485x3 (10 lbs away from tying PR)
DL: 405x1x5
Reverse Hypers: 3x12
GH Hypers: 3x15
Abs- Bar Rollouts: 3x12
w/ Landmine Rotators: 3x10 each side

The 455x3 felt really good. Nic said the bar slipped a bit on my first rep so I chalked the bar and my back. When I unracked the 485 it didn't feel as heavy as I thought it was going to. I knew I had it. Reps one and two went well. Two was kind of slow but got it without much difficulty. On rep three I get down and came out of the hole well. About half way I stalled a bit and started leaning forward. I threw my elbows under the bar and finished the rep. A fewe months ago I would never have had the awareness to push my elbows forward if someone wasn't yelling it. This is just one more step on my way to mastery of the lift.

I deloaded my deadlift somewhat today. Next week I am going to deload my squat and go for a heavy single on the deadlift. The 405's felt easy and fast. I'm thinking somewhere in the 570 range next week. We shall see though.

Tomorrow is going to be more sailor arms work and probably some conditioning.

If you are going to win any battle, you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do… the body is never tired if the mind is not tired.”-General George S. Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment