Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thursday- How Much Ya Bench

2-Board Press: worked up to 285x3
Front Plate Raises: 3x15
Band Tricep Pushdowns: 3x25
Face Pulls: 3x15

Bench felt good today. I wanted 285x5 but I'm happy with three. In my last cycle I was doing 285 for one or two off of a 4-board. This video sums up my lift.


How much ya bench?
by Shakey74

Finished today with 12 prowler pushes with Nick Zek. We had very little rest time. Pretty much the amount of time it took us to walk 20 yards. I then caught a bad case of the prowler flu. Lots of coughing, sweating, and staring into the middle distance in a trance-like state.

My New Year's Resolution is.......nothing. I don't really beleive in New Year's Resolutions. If there is something in my life that is negative or is keeping me from reaching the goals I have set for myself, I'm not going to wait until a new year to change it. A woman I used to train once told me her soon-to-be-ex-husband's new year's resolution was to be a better father. Are you shitting me? Be a better father? What a douche. Why even have kids? Obviously this is an extreme example but it goes for any new year's resolution. Waiting for some seemingly arbitrary day to clean up your act is asinine to me. If you want to lose weight, quit eating like shit. If you want to spend more time with your family, scale back your work hours. If you want to be nicer to other people, find a charity you like and get your ass in gear. My main point is, don't use the new year as excuse to extend your bad habit/behavior. Start the moment the thought to change enters your head. As a football coach of mine used to say, "You don't like it? Get better."

No comments:

Post a Comment