Sunday, February 28, 2010

Working For The Weekend

It's going to take me a few weeks to recover from the awesomeness that was this weekend. I drank too much, ate too much, laughed a shit ton, and lived it up for a few days with some great friends.

Lance, Al, Joe Jarosz, John Shelley, some of Joe's teacher friends, and I started out with some drinking games at Joe's house. We didn't play it this time, but my all-time favorite drinking game is Thumper. I'm not going to explain the rules, but it involves made up hand signals. A few of my favorites are the Hari Kari, the Crush-a-nator, and auto erotic self-asphyxiation. Classic.

After a few card games we made our way over to a "townie" bar in Libertyville. I love townie bars. They play awesome music, usually have cheaper drinks, and for the most part the people are way more fun. We ended up talking to a group of nurses sitting next to us. Most of them were still wearing their scrubs in the bar. Nice girls, but I am never going to the hospital.

When bar time came everyone was hungry and Denny's was the place of choice. We got their and took a booth in the corner. If you ever want some entertainment get Lance loaded and bring him to Denny's. Watching him work is one of my favorite things to do. Long story short Tom Green was also at this Denny's. Lance didn't believe it and started yelling things like "Yo TG!" or "Hey, one nut!" Tom must have heard him so he came over and introduced himself and sat down and talked to us for a few minutes about Olympic Hockey and Canadian Football. Tom Green just coming over there soundly put Lance in his place. It was funny to watch Lance eat his words.

After Denny's we crashed at Al's. I slept on the ghetto pull out couch. This is when you lay the back cushions of a sofa on the ground and sleep on them.

In the morning Lance and I made our way back up to West Allis. Despite the large quantities of alcohol consumed the previous night we were able to come in and get some training in. Here is what we did.

DE Squat: 8x2
DE DL: 7x1
RDLs: 3x6
Low Lunge Walk: 3x20 steps
Abs: three sets

Lance and I have agreed to start training together on Saturdays. We'll probably switch off between going to the gym that Lance works at and going to NX Level or West Allis Barbell when it opens. Now that Lance is back in the training game he wants to get going. He's got some issues to clear up with his hip and shoulders, but with time he is going to be one strong dude.

We came home showered, ate, and left for a bowling alley in Milwaukee to meet up with our buddy Tim. The evening's agenda included pre-gaming at said bowling alley, Admiral's game, Dropkick Murpheys show immediately following, bars. The Admiral's game was fun. They won in OT. I was very surprised at the following of the team. I'd never been to a game before and didn't realize how many fans they got at home games. After the game the Murpheys played. The Dropkick Murpheys were the first punk show I'd ever been too and I've been listening to them for a while. That said, this show was the absolute worst show I'd ever been too. The acoustics were just shit. I couldn't understand a single word being sung and it was hard to make out the songs that I did know. I can't really complain since the show was essentially free.

After the game we went to some east side bars around Brady Street. Going to these bars confirmed my stance that I hate bars that are full of metrosexual men and stupid, vapid women. Townie bars are definitely the way to go.

All in all it was a great weekend. Good tunes, good brew, good friends. A man can't ask for more.

“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose." -Tennessee Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment