Wednesday, February 3, 2010

DINO DNA!

Sprint mechanics work
Buildups (40 yards): 75%x1; 85%x1; 95%x4
Grip Work: bunch of reps at #1

Nothing too special today. My mechanics felt smoother today on the buildups. I focused on not over striding and making contact under my hip. When I over stride my heel has a tendency to hit the ground first. Whenever this happens its like I'm tapping the brakes. I'm not going to slow down too much, but I'm not going to be running at my fastest or most efficient either.

Grip work is coming along. My left hand is either weaker or not as coordinated as my right. I think this is due to how I grip the bar when I deadlift. My left is my under hand and my right is my over. I get a lot more grip stimulation in my right when I do this and a lot more bicep stimulation in my left. And now that I think about it my left side as a whole is a bit bigger than my right. It doesn't really matter because I sure as shit am not about to start doing one arm bicep curls. That's just ghey.

“I had reasoned this out in my mind, there was one of two things I had a right to, liberty or death; if I could not have one, I would have the other.” -Harriet Tubman

No comments:

Post a Comment