Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday Bluesday

Squat: 315x5; 410x5; 425x5,5
DB Swings: 3x15 @ 80lbs
GH Hyper: 3x15
GH Situps: 3x12
w/ Bridge Holds: 3x:45s

I was still extremely sore today from Saturday. Lingering effect of the dreaded lunge-ass. My right adductor felt like it was going to go at anytime. I worked up to about 93% of my 5rm and did a couple sets of five. I know I could have done more but I didn't want to push it too hard this close to my meet. I still got some quality reps in with a near maximal weight so I'm not too upset about not being able to work up. Swings were cool. Felt them all in the glutes. On the GH Hypers I tilted the bench forward about 10 degrees. This put more strain on my hamstring forcing me to contract harder against gravity. I kept it this way when I did my sit-ups as well.

In other news I am now an Advocare Distributor. Advocare is a supplement line designed by top exercise physiologists. Some top level D1 strength coaches have put their names on Advocare's products. There are products for just about everyone. There are pre and post workout drinks, energy drinks, multi-vitamins, fish oils, and weight management programs. These products are top of the line. One other thing that I really like about the products for athletes is that they are all 100% safe to use. They all go through testing by a company in Great Britain that tests them against all the banned substance list for all major organizations. These include the NCAA, the IOC, and the NFL among others. If anyone has questions or would like to talk about purchasing some products let me know. There is a link to my Advocare website or you can reach me through email at tdequaine@hotmail.com. I am also going to be trying and review some of the more popular products. First up: Spark Energy Drink

Spark Energy comes in powder form that you simply add to water. My first go with Spark was last night. First the taste is awesome. I tried the grape and it tasted like Kool-Aid. All you do is dump the powder in your water bottle with about 8-10 oz. of water, shake it, and drink it down. I drank my first Spark ever at about 8 pm. We then had a two hour meeting to about 10 pm. Usually at this point in my day I am crashing and need sleep. Not last night. I was wide awake but without the nervous jitters that I sometimes get with energy drinks. Cut to 1 am and I am laying wide awake in my bed staring at the ceiling. Lesson learned: don't take Spark past 5 pm. But I will definitely be using this product during those days that get a little long and I need a little pick-me-up. Grade for Spark: A

"There is no short cut to achievement. Life requires thorough preparation- veneer isn't worth anything." -George Washington Carver

No comments:

Post a Comment