Friday, February 12, 2010

Circle of Friends Winter 2010 Trip: Day 3

Today started earlier than anyone wanted it to. 7am wakeup; 7:30am breakfast; left for Granite Peak Ski Area at 8:30am. Once we got all the kids outfitted in their ski gear I headed over to the bunny hill. I can't tell you how many times people were shocked I had never really been skiing before. The first time I ever downhill skied was last year on this same trip. I tried my hand at a few bunny runs, fell a few times, made an ass of myself trying to get up, gave up skiing to watch and help the kids.

By the end of the day all the kids ended up skiing which was great because we had a few at the beginning that didn't want to. All of the kids picked up skiing much better than I did. I guess my natural athletic ability is limited to lifting weights and bowling. That's ok, I can't rule at everything. We left the ski area around 2pm and returned to the hotel. By the time we got back we only had about 45 minutes until we left for the Anklem's Farm. Some of us almost didn't make it to the bus after taking a short trip down Sand Man Lane.

We got to the farm and the kids got to play with the dogs and pet the horses. We then saddled up for the sleigh ride to the bonfire. The sleigh ride took a nice winding route to the bonfire area in the middle of the woods. At the bonfire we ate hot dogs, s'mores, and pudgie pies. If you don't know what a pudgie pie is, it's a sandwich with pasta sauce, pepperoni, and cheese that is baked inside a campfire sandwich maker. What I'm trying to say is that our pudgie pies were totally awesome. After a big thank you and some hugs we then went back to the hotel. Some of the other male counselors and I managed to fill the entire half hour bus ride back to the hotel with poop stories. This type of thing has been happening for centuries and I still here women ask, "Why and how are you still talking about poop?" I don't rightly know either. Just accept it and move on gals. At the hotel the kids played in the water park or in the arcade. Now the water park is closed and me and some of the boys are about to head up to the community room for snacks and games.

Peace.

I'm outta here.

"From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines" -Walt Whitman

No comments:

Post a Comment