Friday, February 26, 2010

Experiment Results...Thus Far




Last night was the first night of the Zzz-Nighttime Recovery Challenge. I had no trouble falling asleep even though I had a bunch of stuff floating through the over sized melon that is my head. This morning the bell toll'd for I at 5:30 am sharp. I'm not going to lie, I hit the snooze. My main reason was to finish a dream I was having. What was the dream? Scoring the winning touchdown in the Super Bowl? Doing sinful things with a Brazilian supermodel? Nope. I was coaching someone's sloppy squat technique. I wish I was lying. I enjoy dreaming about sinful things with Brazilian supermodels just as much as the next guy. Unless that guy happens to be Barney Frank. Then I probably enjoy it a little bit more.
Anyways, at 5:35 am I lumbered forth to the shower. I noticed right away there was no stiffness in my shoulders or back despite a pretty heavy upper body training session yesterday. I also noticed I didn't have that heavy-eyed jet lagged feeling I normally do when I get up before mean ol' Mr. Sun. At work I have had so far a good amount of energy. I've cracked a few jokes that I think a lot of people weren't prepared for. Nothing inappropriate, just real all-of-a-sudden like. Or maybe they just weren't funny.
Results so far:
Zzz-B+
Nighttime Recovery-A
“The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.” -Oliver Wendall Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment