Monday, February 22, 2010

USA! USA!

Although I am a marginal hockey fan at best, I enjoyed seeing the boys in Red, White, and Blue beat Team "Molsen Ice" last night. I've been hearing it is the biggest upset since the Miracle On Ice. I get the feeling this one won't be made into an inspirational movie. Maybe made for TV. But it's still cool nonetheless.

Today's Training

DE Bench: 8x2 @ 150 lbs + 60 lbs of chain

Standing Press: worked up to 3x3 @ 180 lbs

Weighted Dips: 4x10 w/ 45#

Weight V-Grip Chins: 6x5 w/ 45#

Today's session went pretty good. On bench I felt like I had a lot more pop off of my chest than recently. Standing press felt strong. Dips and chins were grinders, but I got through them. Just gotta keep taking those small steps forward.

Weekend Recap

Got up early on Saturday morning to train. It was a dynamic lower body day. After training I had two athlete groups then changed and drove to Wausau for Brian and Lindy's wedding. I got there with 30 minutes to spare before the ceremony started. It was a lovely Protestant ceremony; short, sweet, and to the point. As my friend Tim would say, "Just give me the meatballs." After the wedding all of us went back to the hotel and cracked a few Oat Sodas. I was rolling eight deep by the time we went to the reception. We weren't sure if it was going to be open bar or not so I did work in the hotel. We got to the reception and quickly found out it was open bar. For my money I don't think there is a better two-word combination than "open bar". I started with a nice Jameson sour. The bartender looked like he was only 19 and had no problem making them strong. Four or five of those later and things start to get fuzzy. I remember not eating anything for dinner. I'm not sure why. Then I remember us gathering around the old lady playing piano and singing. Then...that's it. Apparently I passed out at the bar. I'm pretty sure I was helped back to the hotel by my friend Matt and his girlfriend Allie. Good thing I have good friends. I don't remember any of this. I got up around 9am, drove home, and felt sorry for myself the rest of the day. Great times.

“Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed be the facts." -Finley Peter Dunne

No comments:

Post a Comment