Monday, February 8, 2010

A Case of the Mondays

In Orwellian "newspeak" today's session was triple-plus-good. I set three, count 'em, one, two, three PRs today. I was so happy, I was like a kid in some kind of store.

Bench: w/ 3 chains/side 135x5; 185x3; 225x1
w/o chains 225x1; 250x1; 265x1; 285x1 (PR tie); 295x1 (PR)

Military Press: 115x5; 135x3; 160x1; 175x1; 200x1 (PR)

Chin-Ups: BWx6,6; +45x1; +70x1; +90x1; +115x1 (PR); +125x.95 (nose to the bar, no PR)

Bent Over Row: worked to 200x8
w/ Straight Bar Curls: 3x6

On bench the 285 felt fast and smooth. I felt really locked in with my technique. I stayed tight to my chest and drove it up and back. On the 295 I slowed considerably where I failed last week, but I was able to muscle through it. It felt good to finally get it. Like a huge weight being lifted off my chest...literally.

I wasn't sure how the Military Press was going to go. 175 felt easy so I jumped to 200. I really surprised myself with the 200. My ultimate goal is to be able to military press my body weight, so I'm not there yet.

I haven't done really heavy weight chins in a long time. The last time I did I got to 90 lbs for a single. I like knowing that if I ever eat my way to 335 lbs. I will still be able to do a chin-up, which is a lot more than some people I know.

On another note, I was happy to see the Saints win last night. I went down to my friend Al's house for the game. He had an awesome spread and I didn't want to be rude so I ate a bunch. As happy as I was for the Saints I still believe that it will the Lombardi Trophy will be held high by the men in green and gold come this time next year. Time to gear up for the draft.

“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” -Bruce Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment