Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Touchy Feely Tuesday (not really)

Squat: 405x3; 435x3; 460x3; 500x3 (PR)
Pull Thrus: 3x12
GHR #1: BWx10, 10, 8
Fall Out Abs: 3x8
Tabata: Sprinting on Wave treadmill
Fighting Away the Yuckies: x1

I'm pretty happy with the squat today. 500x3 is a pretty big PR for me. More of a mental barrier than a physical one. I almost racked it after the second rep. I got pretty loosey goosey coming up and almost dumped it forward. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera so I'm not 100% sure on my depth, but I was told they were good. Hooray me!

We have a new Curve treadmill on loan from Woodway. If a hamster wheel and a regular treadmill had a one night stand with no eye contact in the morning, and then 13 months later (treadmills are different than humans) the treadmill gave birth, it would be a Curve treadmill. Hopefully it doesn't grow up resenting it's absent father. But that's a whole other can of worms.

The Curve is completely powered by it's human overlord. You can go as slow or as fast as your puny little legs will carry you. And then laugh at the power you wield over it. So what I did is I sprinted as hard as I could for 15 seconds then slowed down/walked for 15 seconds. I did this for four minutes which is eight total rounds. If this doesn't sound like a lot then I invite you to try it. You will not be begging me to do a fifth minute. Anyways, it was pretty hard. When I was done I imagine my face looking partly like I was in total shock over something and partly the way it looks when you have those huge chest sobs that you get when you try to talk while you are crying. I wasn't crying though. As much as I wanted to I didn't cry.

Song of the Day: Dropkick Murphey's: Barroom Hero

“Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." -William Jennings Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment