Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Circle of Friends Trip: Day 1

Today is the first day of the Circle of Friends 2010 Winter Trip. The day started with Nurse Adam, Sam, Toriean, Rachelle, and I driving a rental van up to Green Bay to meet all the other groups. There are groups from Tampa, New Orleans, Atlanta, Wausau, and Milwaukee. From the airport we all went to Kroll's West which is right across the street from Lambeau Field. I had a butter burger and a side of cottage cheese. I'm going to try to eat as healthy as I can on this trip, key word "try".
At Kroll's we sat with our groups. I am a counselor for the Falcons aka The Dirty Birds. Big Johnny is the other counselor. Definitely one of the nicest men I've ever met. Our kids are Demitri, Lance, and Adam. Demitri and Lance are pretty chill. Adam is another story. He's got energy to spare to say the least.
After lunch at Kroll's we went across the street to the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field. We got a behind the scenes look at the field itself. The kids got to go run around the field and take pics. I look pretty damn good doing the Lambeau Leap. Trivia: Who was the first Packer to perform the Lambeau Leap? Answer: Leroy Butler.


Anyways after the kids tired themselves out on the field we got to go into the Packers Locker room. It was nice of them to have my locker ready for the coming season. Right at home my fellow D-linemen. After the kids took all the pictures they could we saddled for the 1.5 hour ride to Wausau. Dinner, opening meeting, calls home, games in the community room, counselor meeting, and just a little TV rounded out the remainder of tonight's agenda.
Tomorrow it's tubing at Sylvian Hills. We weren't able to go last year due to lack of snow and an over abundance of ice. I'm pretty pumped. I've heard some stories of the hill. Speed records might be broken. What am I saying? Speed records will be broken.
I'm also going to train in the exercise room in the morning. I'm thinking 100 pushups, 100 chinups, and 100 dips. Maybe some running too. We'll see.
"Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?" -Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment