Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thoisday

Bench: 185x3; 225x3; 240x3; 250x3; 275x3 (PR)
Arnold Press: 12, 10, 10
Chest Supported Row: 3x10
Band Pull Aparts: 3x20

Another great session made better by a PR. Previous 3RM was 265. I don't get too excited about these types of PRs though. There is no 3 rep bench contest that I am currently aware of. Gym maxes are great for confidence, but not much else. I am only concerned with how I perform on the platform on March 27th. With that said, I am going to start pausing my bench presses. I usually lose about 10-15 lbs when I have to pause at my chest. In my last meet, I sucked on bench because I didn't know how to stay tight at my chest, wait for the "press" call, and drive through the bar. I got freaked out and shit the bed. Figuratively, not literally.

Tonight is the first night of the Zzz and Nighttime Recovery Challenge. I took both about 20 minutes ago (9:20) and I'm feeling a bit drowsy. Getting up at 5:30am tomorrow so I will let you all know how it goes.

Tomorrow I am heading down to Chicago to attend a concert with Lance and Eric and maybe Al. We are going to a small punk rock club on the South Side called Reggie's. We are seeing the band Screeching Weasel. You have probably never heard of them. Even so, they were a very influential band in creating the "pop-punk" sub-genre. Many bands you hear on alternative radio today would or should pay homage to them and front man Ben Weasel. It's going to be a great show.

Song of the Day: Hey Suburbia by Screeching Weasel

“Youth, large, lusty, loving - Youth, full of grace, force, fascination. Do you know that Old Age may come after you with equal grace, force, fascination?” -Walt Whitman

No comments:

Post a Comment