Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tuesday

Squat: 6 sets of 1 @ 475
Sumo DL: 308x6, 352x5, 419x4
GH Hypers: 3x10 with 35#
Pull down Abs: 3x7
Prowler: 90lbs; 20 yds; x10; total time: 4:57
Prowler Flu: x1

I'm not wholly unsatisfied with my squats today. A few of the reps may have been high (I will post a video later). I also need to really focus on my technique. A few times I either float forward or relax at the bottom. This isn't a strength issue, just a focus issue.

I have now realized that my mobility is not where it needs to be to handle heavier weight. Specifically my hip flexors and adductors (groing). I need to spend more time on mobility drills, stretching, and rolling out.

The prowler difinitely humbled me today. I wanted to get the ten pushes in under 5 minutes, and I did, but it was harder than I thought it was going to be. I am going to be doing more finishers at the end of my workouts to bring my conditioning up and try to keep my weight in a holding pattern just under 220.

Wake: the silver duck returning
Up the breach of darkness brims,
And the ship of sunrise burning
Strands upon the eastern rims
-First stanza of Reveille by A.E. Houseman

No comments:

Post a Comment