Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Conditioning Wednesday

Heavy Bag Rope Pull/Bag Carry: 30 yds each way x6
Tempo Runs: 65-70% sprint/walk 40 yds each way x10

Almost wasn't able to get this one in, but my schedule opened up a bit. A client brought in some Godiva chocolates today. Normally I don't like/trust boxed chocolates. I usually get stuck with the one that tastes like rancid lemons or toothpaste, but I couldn't go wrong with the Godiva's. Delish.

Back to real training tomorrow at NX. Might have a nice little crew. I invited some peeps to come over and train while I'm there. Should be a good day with a really good energy in the gym.




I'm not sure about other people, but I've become very neurotic about my training. If I have a planned lift or conditioning session I need to get it in. I can't accept not doing it or doing it another time. This may work well with others, but not me. On second thought I don't think that works well at all. I hear a lot of excuses in this industry about why they can't do this or can't do that and it's all b.s. My mom works full time and still finds time to train towards her goals. More often than not that is five o'clock in the morning before she goes to work. We did a triathalon this summer. She trained hard for it, I didn't train for the events, just kept lifting. She finished thirty seconds behind me. She's 52 and if she hadn't had to stop for a bathroom break she for sure would have beaten me. Last month she ran a half marathon in the same time she ran when I was a baby. She's 52. My point is that if you truely have a goal, whatever it is, you will find the time to do the things you need to do to accomplish it. If you don't, you never really had the desire to do it.


Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them. Dion Boucicault

No comments:

Post a Comment