Monday, December 14, 2009

Meet and Weekend Recap

First off I want to say congrats to all of the lifters at the meet. There were some strong dudes there. A couple 700+ squats, 500+ benches, and 700+ deadlifts. Those kinds of numbers are impressive for a geared competition, let alone a raw one. Also congrats to Nic who I'm pretty sure set a PR or two on Saturday as well. Here is how my day went:


Squat:
450-good lift
485- good lift
507- no lift (depth)



Bench:
250- good lift
265- no lift (started my press early and try to catch my self which completely threw me off)
265- no lift (couldn't lock left arm)



Deadlift:


501- good lift
562- no lift (didn't lock out at the top)
562- good lift PR

Total:1297

Saturday was a mix of good and bad. My squat is getting better, but still needs a lot of work. My bench continues to be my weakest lift. I think my next training cycle will help this as I will be doing two bench workouts per week. One being a heavy lift, the other being a lighter speed day. Personal Record on the deadlift, so I can't be too upset. After the first attempt at 562 my face felt blown out. It felt like my face was stuffed with gauze and I could see tiny bruises under my eyes. I was already mad about the squat and bench so I went into the third attempt with a little fire in my gut. I think this may be one of my drawbacks. I have always been somewhat even-keeled when it came to competitions. I do this so I don't get too worked up and burn myself out. I need to learn to be able to turn it on and off at the right times in training and competitions. In summary some good, some bad, but I have a better feeling of what I need to do to accomplish the goals I have set for myself.

You gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet- Charlie Kelly


Weekend Recap










On Saturday Eric, Lance, and Al showed up as I was warming up for deadlift. My day was going rather shittily up to that point, but when I saw these guys it didn't matter. Hanging out with these guys is one of the things that makes my life worthwhile. I am always looking forward to the next time I see these guys. Anyways, after the meet we went back to Al's house so I could shower and change. We then went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. Troy likey, Troy want wingy. After BW3's we went to the grocery store to get stuff for the Sunday tailgate and then back to Al's. Tim showed up a little bit later. At Al's we kept it farily low key just drinking some beers and watching episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia. This is one of the absolute best shows on TV. If you have a chance to see it I highly reccomend it.

Sunday we got up early to go to Soldier Field to tailgate. At the tailgate it was us five, our buddy Joe, and Lance's dad Doug and his sister Kelly. The game obviously went well for the Packers, in that they won. I feel they left some points on the field and made some mistakes that they can't make come playoff time. My opinion of Soldier Field is that it is everything that Lambeau isn't. It is very maze-like and crowded inside, and getting out after the game is nothing but bottlenecks. I sarcastically asked Lance if there was only one exit when we were leaving and a random Bear's fan commented that I've got it good up in Lambeau. He said it was state-of-the-art and very easy to get around in. Soldier Field also feels very class segregated. There is one side that can go into the Caddilac Club which is a big heated area under the east side of the stadium. Lance even commented that commoners like us aren't allowed.

After the game we went back to Al's, got some wings, and Lance drove me back to Stallis. All in all a great weekend with great friends. Now it's time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment