Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tuesday ME Squat

Squat: 135x5; 225x5; 315x5; 365x5; 405x5; 455x5
Rack Pulls (6" high): 265x3; 375x3; 465x3; 555x1
Reverse Hypers: 3x15
GH hypers: 3x12
GH Sit-ups: 3x12 w/ 35#

Squats felt strong today. My plan was to work to a 5rm and 455 is right there. I video taped a couple of sets and I noticed that my knees tend to come forward towards the end of the sets. The first 2-3 reps are usually good, then the knees creep forward on the descent. This is something that I will definitly keep an eye on.

The rack pulls were a little lower than last week. I was pretty beat from the squats so they felt pretty heavy today. That being said once I got the weights past my knees the lock out came fast.

Reverse and Glute Ham hypers really killed my posterior chain. I will be lucky to get through the day without one or both hammies crampping up.

All in all it was a great training session. Tomorrow will either be light cardio to shake out some soreness or completely off. I think prowler pushes or tire flips may be in order.

Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong. Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment