Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thurs- Bench

Bench: 5 singles @ 250
3 board: 275x3, 295x1, 225x15
Back/lats
Fat bar shrugs

Bench felt smooth today. At the meet I will really need to remember the "rack" call at the end of the lift. I matched my reps and weights from last week on board presses. I used a 4 board last week and a 3 board this week. I hope this means my lockout is getting stronger. I fell that this is my weakest of my weak links on bench.

Started thinking about my programming for my next meet in March. I am trying to decide between a linearish program outlined in Mark Rippetoe and Lon Kilgore's book Practical Programming for Strength Training, and a Westside template. After the meet I will assess where I need work and will choose the program the best addresses my weaknesses.

Also be sure to check out my other blog at nxlevelsportsperformance.blogspot.com. This is a training blog for my fellow NX Level trainers and me. Thanks.

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. George S. Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment