Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday- DE Bench

DE Bench against red bands: 8x3 @ 60% 1rm
Skull Crushers: 3x8
DB Mil. Press: 3x6
Pull/Chin ups: 20 of each

Speed bench went well. I am experimenting with my grip during the sets. I am doing a few sets wider, narrower, and at my current grip width. It felt like I had the best speed with the wider grip. Thursday is my heavy bench day so I will see if there is any carryover.

It is now 3:11 pm and I have heard Paul McCartney's "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time" three times today. I'm all for holiday music but there needs to be a threshold with certain songs. The jingle bells song with the cats and dogs making their respective noises should not be played unless you are interrogating murder suspects or terrorists. If you happen to like that song don't tell me because we'll have problems. For my feelings on other "certain" Christmas songs here is Patton Oswalt's take on the sappy side of the spectrum.



Why is it that we are only kind to others during this season? If we got rid of our religious guilt and cared for and respected everyone regardless of what time of year it is I think everyone involved would be a little happier.

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Douglas Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment