Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saturday 12.19.09

Last night we at NX Level had our staff Chirstmas Party. I'd like to thanks Brad and Stacy for hosting and providing the food. Everyone in attendance had a great time. Here are some of the highlights (all times approximate):

7:00 pm- I arrive; Brad is still sweating after getting out of the shower.
7:03 pm- I open my first beer.
7:10 pm- We start eating the appetizers. I remember there being a lot of dead animals and different cheeses. Thanks Adam.
8:15 pm- We start the white elephant gift exchange. I got The Clapper. Allie's collage of photoshopped images of all of us is a hit.
9:00 pm- After a lenghty dissertation on the rules of the game, we start playing Catchphrase.
9:07 pm- My uber-competetiveness comes rushing back in the form of empty threats, chauvenism, and bitter arguments over minor details of the rules of the game
9:53 pm- Three wins later the males team gets bored. Order of the genders is upheld. Males:1, females:2.
10:36 pm- Who invited McGill?
10:47 pm- Skee-ball is just another game for Allison to lose at.
11:10 pm- I find out I don't have to go to Envy.
11:11 pm- I crack open the Grey Goose.
11:53 pm- We start playing Categories, a simple yet extremely fun and interesting game. My idea.
12:47 am- Massive pee break ends Categories
1:38 am- A passed out Brad is still capable of eating cupcakes that are handfed to him.
2:12 am- I lose to Giff in a contest to eat a slice of Michelle's cheesecake in one bite. Apparently chewing isn't allowed. Whatever. Dumb rule.
4:35 am- I fall asleep on the couch with Molly's (Brad and Stacy's dog) butt in my face.
6:45 am- Giff leaves for work.
7:35 am- Nic and I leave for NX Level. I shouldn't be driving.

In the end I had too much to eat, too much to drink, and an awesome time with my co-workers. I feel extermely lucky to work with a great group of people.

I actually started to feel better as the morning went on. I think this is because of the Grey Goose. High end vodka apparently doesn't give too bad of hangovers. Duely noted. After work I trained.

Speed Squat: 10x2 @ 235 with a double black band
Speed Deadlift: 5x1 @ 264 with a black band
Good mornings: 135x8; 185x5; 225x5
Weighted Glute Ham: 3x8 w/ 50# db
Rope Pulldown Abs: 3x10

Dynamic Lower Body day went well. I was concerned going into it. Not much else to report. Have a safe and fun rest of the weekend.

Good taste is the worst vice ever invented. Edith Sitwell

No comments:

Post a Comment