Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday-2 days out

Today more hip mobility, rolling out, and stretching. I did 35 minutes of unexpected cardio last night digging my truck out of the snowbank that was created by the snowplow. Oops.

Today's selection of my favorite training songs actually only recently came into my collection of music. NOFX's "The Quitter" is off their newst release, Coaster. This song rocks on many multiple levels. First off a kick ass bass line starts the song off (you should notice a trend here if you've been following), second the lyrics have a great upbeat tempo, third the way Fat Mike and Melvin harmonize gets my competetive juices flowing, and fourth the lyrics themselves play to a lifter's "no quit" attitude. The song is actually about keeping up the hapbit of recreational drug and alcohol use, but I relate more to the previously stated "no quit" attitude that it takes to be successful in any endeavor. The second to last lyric "you're famous and you're rich/ quit acting like a bitch" drives home my point. It doesn't matter where you come from or who your daddy is, you have to prove yourself to no one but yourself. If everyone "quit acting like a bitch" (in the sense of being whiny and counterproductive) everyone would be able to accomplish more in the weight room and in life. Have a listen.



On another note, it has been confirmed that this weekend will be one of the better of all time. Meet Saturday afternoon, drinking at my good friend Al's witha bunch more great college friends Saturday night, tailgating and Packers-Bears game Sunday. It doesn't get much better than that.

I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world. Thomas A. Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment