Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday DE Bench

DE Bench: 8x3 @ 160
Skull Crushers: 3x8
DB MP: 3x6
Wide Lat Pull Ups: 5x3

Bench went well. I tried some new stuff with my technique which seemed to help. I focused on keeping my wrists locked and my forearms straight up and down. We'll see on Thursday how everything transfers.

Went to the Packer game yesterday with Matt, Allison, and my good friend Tyler. Awesome game to go to. Not too cold, Packers kicked ass and locked up a playoff spot. After the game Allie, Matt, and I rode home with my stepdad Pete, my uncle Matt, and my aunt Patti. The elders in the car were pretty lit up as they did not have to work in the morning. On the ride home someone had the idea to stop and take pictures by a water park in Green Bay. After a few left turns we were in the parking lot of the water park. Once we were out of the car I was challenged to hop the fence. In the past I have not been a strong fence climber and I was wearing large boots and Carhatt bibs so I tried to talk my way out of it as I wasn't feeling too cat-like. I told the person issuing the challenge that if he did it I would do it. The challenger then successfully climbed the fence. At the top instead of swining his leg over and lowering himself down he did a barrell roll over the top and fell back first on to two inches of snow on top of two inches of cement. I then climbed over to help first and show up to the challenge second. Some teeth were chipped, prides were hurt, we were all nervous about what my mom was going to say/yell, but all is well that ends well.

I also want to say congrats to fellow NX Level strength coach Jake on being invited to compete in the Arnold Classic Amature Strongman Showcase. This is a big deal because it recognizes Jake as one of the top amature strongmen in the country. Keep up the good work Jake and we will all be cheering for you.

Great ideas originate in the muscles. Thomas A. Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment