Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thursday ME Bench

Bench Press: 135x8; 185x5; 205x3; 225x1; 240x1; 250x1; 265x1;
Plate Front Raises: 45x12; 55x12; 60x12
Band Tri Pushdowns: 3x25
Face Pulls: 3x15
Pronated Lat Pulldowns: 2x12

Bench went ok. All reps done with an index-finger-on-the-ring grip I didn't use a spotter so I think my confidence was somewhat affected. The 265 went really slow and almost not at all. Something to build on. I think I figured out my problem(s) with my bench. When my weights are 90% and less than my 1rm my technique feels really good from my point of view. When the weight gets closer to my max I'm not trusting my technique. My elbows flair and I push the bar straight up. I feel this intense need to get the bar off my chest and I throw my technique out the window. More mental than physical.

Josh and Russ came in today and I had them do some strongman circuits. They were both feeling the effects of the bottle flu. The circuits got them to sweat at least a little bit of it out. It says a lot about their character that they came in. A lot of kids their age wouldn't think twice about skipping the workout. But, they are both very committed to getting better and I am all the willing to help them, even on an off day (although all I did was open the door and write the program. They didn't need any coaching or motivation.).

Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little. Epicurus

No comments:

Post a Comment