Tuesday, December 15, 2009

ME Bench

Bench against mini bands: 8x3 @ 60%
EZ Bar Skull Crushers: 3x8
DB Military Press: 3x10
Pull Ups: 3x8 BW

Today was supposed to be a deload day but I said "the hell with it" and did a full dynamic bench day. It has been a long while since I benched against bands. I really feel this will improve my speed off of my chest and pushing through my lockout, my two problem areas. My assistance exercises for all my lift days are going to play out like this: heavy lower rep assistance on DE days, lighter and higher rep assistance on ME days. Today was a good day, but I've got a long way to go.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-Robert Frost "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"

No comments:

Post a Comment