Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's a trick question...Lemmy is God.

"Well friend, it's been a great two month ride.  But here is where we begin our exit.  I'll miss you.  This isn't goodbye.  It's see you later."

My beard has been growing strong for nigh on two months now.  And it's just about at the end of its run.  The last time I shaved was for New Year's in Chicago.  I got lazy for the first 2-3 weeks and then just said, "Fuck it." the rest of the way.  But here we are.  At the end of a two month era.  I'm going to shave it off a little bit at a time and keep each style for a day.  Here is the final product.


Smiling like an idiot: take 1
The first selection is the aptly named The Lemmy after Motorhead front man and bassist Lemmy Kilmister.  Lemmy Kilmister rocks harder than a metal band made up entirely of brick-shitting diamonds.  His gear definitely goes to 11.
And take 2
Training today went a little something like this...

A.M.

30 minute walk with Saxon

P.M.

Cleans: 264x1x2

Clean Pulls: 330x3x3

Front Squat: 135x10, 185x10, 205x6, 225x5,5

Prowler: 4 40 yard trips with 90 lbs

Jump Rope: 3 2-minute rounds with 30 seconds rest

Walking with Saxon is more of a controlled drag.  That dog would love nothing more than to sniff all the piss in the world.

Cleans felt OK.  I'm really focusing on maintaining posture from the ground.  Clean pulls were not the greatest.  They felt decently fast but the bar height didn't match my expectations.  I don't think I'm shrugging hard enough.

Front squats went well.  I'm weak on these right now.  I need to find a balance between back and front squatting.  I'm not sure where that is just yet.

Prowler and jump rope were just more conditioning.  I'm trying to gain weight right now but I'm really out of shape in the cardio sense.  I'm building towards a base that I can just maintain so I don't start feeling like a fat piece of shit.

Song of the Day:

"Ideas are like beards; men do not have them until they grow up." -Voltaire

No comments:

Post a Comment