Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Doing Work, Giving Effort, Staying Consistent

Squat: 405x3,3  430x2,2  455x1,1

Fat Bar Incline: 135x5  155x5  175x5 195x4 205x3,3

Chest Supported Row: 2x15

45` Back Ext.: 2x15

A few posts back I wrote about effort in and out of the gym.  In my opinion the largest part of our success is attributable to what we do outside of the gym.  Case in point;  My friend Eric knows that rolling out and doing soft tissue work on off days is important.  He doesn't really want to do it, but he gets it done.  In his own words:
The process of me rolling out on non training days should be witnessed by all. Starts with me laying on the couch in my underwear. Slowly falling off and staring at my PVC pipe from a distance for about 5 minutes. I reach for it and fail. Another attempt, got it. I then lay on it for 5 minutes (arch work) while watching TV. Then spend 5 minutes on each body part. 5 minute breaks between each. I always have to stop halfway through to crap.
Fucking snapping necks and cashing checks.  That's what life is all about.  This song is for him.

Song of the Day:

"The better part of one's life consists of his friendships."  Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment