Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Trimble, Show Me How To Sub!

Cleans: 230x3,3 242x2,2, 257x1,1, 265x1

Standing Press (Fat Bar): 135x3, 165x3,3 175x3, 185x3

Pendlay Rows: 4x8

Glute Hame: 4x10

Sprints

Abs

Some people that I work with are a bit skeptical of my ability to sustain a high training frequency for very long.  I tried to explain that my overall volume is not much higher and my intensity is lower, therefore I will never be killing myself with any one training session.  This should allow me to keep training at a higher frequency without needing a prolonged deload, if any.  Also, I'm not a baby.  I don't take a deload week every time I don't feel motivated to train.  If my recovery starts to slide, my sleeping goes bad, and I get injured then I'll take a hint.  But until then, I'm going to cowgirl up and bust ass.

It should also be noted that the biggest nay-sayer is now a proud daddy-to-be.  I gave him some grief today that once his kid is born his training, testosterone levels, and strength in general are going to plummet.  Then we'll see who's laughing.  But seriously, congratulations Jake and Erin.  May your first child be a masculine one.
Song of the Day:

"...No man has ever made a success of anything unless his heart was in it." -Fielding Yost

No comments:

Post a Comment