Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday

Due to the impending Snowmageddon/Storm O' the Century I had a snow day from work and trained at Nitro St. Justice's Barbell Club and Gentleman's Lounge.  Joe, Matt, and Lance were also in attendance.  It had an awesome old school, dungeon feel.  Just some dudes and some iron.  We could feel our test levels rising just from being down there.  I think it's funny that this storm is being called the storm of the century when the century is only ten years old.  Some people just want to scare old people I guess.

Bench: 295x1, 275x2,2,2, 225x10

Bent Row: 4x5

Band Tri Push Downs: 3x20

Reverse Curls: 3x10

The bar felt just a tad weird in my hands since I've been using a fat bar for most of my upper body movements.  Either way 295 felt pretty fast and smooth.  My butt came up a bit but I still counted it.  One thing that I really need to work on with my bench is driving my heels down and getting some use out of my legs.  I have the bad habit of pushing my toes down which will lift my ass if I'm not careful.  Overcoming this just takes practice.

In other news, the week of Slayer continues.

Song of the Day:


"It is a well known fact that the majority of men today are relatively weak..." -George Hackenschmidt (He spoke this many decades ago but it is probably truer today than ever.  More on that to come.)

No comments:

Post a Comment