Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday

Cleans: 284x1, missed 294 four times (good pull, just need to catch it)

Fat Bar Push Press: 213x1, 223x1, 233x1, 183x5x3

Fat Rope Chins: 4x5

Face Pulls: 3x15
w/
Dips: 3x12

DB Scarecrows: 3x12
w/
Hammer Curls: 3x6

Now that I actually look at this this is a lot of volume for me.  I think I get mad when I miss lifts and try to make up for it in accessory lifts.  This is not always the best way to go about things.  If you are just doing it out of spite it's dumb.  If you recognize a weakness and work to address it, then you are making progress.  I think my problem on cleans is setting and keeping my upper back tight and then not collapsing when the bar comes to my shoulders.  The first one I addressed with the upper back stuff.  The second one is probably going to take some heavy front squats to remedy.

As far as the push press, and pressing in general, goes I just need to do it more.  My technique goes out the window when I get tired and I miss lifts that I could maybe have gotten.  Just need to cowgirl up and I'll be fine.

Song of the Day:

"The most essential factor is persistence - the determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come." -James Whitcomb Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment