Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Deloading...Hard

I'm not going to lie.  I feel like a bag of smashed assholes right now.  My body hurts, my head isn't in the right place, I'm anxious for no reason, I have zero motivation to train, and I'm right where I want to be. 

I knew I was going to be taking this week off to go to Wausau for the Circle of Friends 2011 Winter Trip.  I pushed myself hard in the gym four or five days per week and ate in a caloric deficit for a good month.  It was only a matter of time until I came to this point.  Also, on Saturday, to say I "over-indulged" would be putting it lightly.  This I feel was the straw that broke the camel's back.  My recovery system had been pushed to it's breaking point in a less-than-sterling way and now I'm paying the price for it. 

I'm looking forward to getting away from training for a few days, eat a bunch of food, and not have too much to worry about.  I'll be back sometime on Sunday with some info on where I'm going to be heading over the next few months training-wise.  Until then keep it right, tight, and in the light.

Song of the Day:

"Let us not forget the story of the Spanish prisoner.  For many years he was confined to his dungeon... One day it occurred to him to push on the door of his cell.  It was open; and it had never been locked." -Sir Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment