Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday

It was absolutely beautiful today. If we had the weather we had today every day of the year I would not be one bit upset. I decided to go for a walk outside since I'm inside for most of the day.
Sled Drags:
70 lbs
30 minutes

I broke up the drags into two segments. The first ten minutes was done with my shirt on. After 10 minutes I decided to take my shirt off and blast my nips. Last summer my only goal was to get a tan and I failed miserably. I'm not making the same mistake again this year. I just have to do more conditioning and lifting outside.

The past couple of days Gifford and I have been going back and forth about a wrestling match we've been planning. It started when we were goofing around one day a few months ago and he prevented me from scoring on him for about 30 seconds. After that he thought he could hang with me. Not so much. Today we had an impromptu wrestling match. We kind of felt each other out for a minute with me taking a few set up shots and not really trying to finish them. Giff is a strong guy and doesn't really know what he's doing which actually makes it tough when we are on our feet. I finally picked a good single leg and took him down. He committed the cardinal sin when it comes to being taken down. Never reach back. I tucked my head under his armpit and drove him to his back, got him in a headlock and finished the job. The whole thing lasted about a minute and a half.

Even though he was the challenger he still had to make up some excuses like, "Beating me isn't that big of a deal." Or, "I've never wrestled before." Or, "Let's play basketball or run a 100m dash." Fuck that. I answered his challenge. Now he wants to wrestle again. Probably not. He's just going to have to live with the sour taste of being a loser in his mouth. Sorry brah.

Song of the Day:

These guys used to be a band called Western Addiction and rocked harder than most. Now they are Dead to Me and rock just as hard.

“Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's for you Giff. Eat it.

2 comments:

  1. A)You're forgetting that you were the challenger brah b) that true soldiers don't pick battles they know they can win...like kellen winslow said, "Ima soldier."...one small battle chief, the war has just begun! c) making posts like this is a huge sign of a correct assessment, u is one part queen elizabeth and one part julia roberts...drama queen...smell ya

    ReplyDelete