Saturday, March 6, 2010

My Manifesto

Who I Am

My name is Troy Craig Dequaine. I was born and raised in Green Bay, Wisconsin. My family is by far the most important aspect of who I am. These people have had more influence on who I am than anyone else. Everything that is good in me can be traced back to one of them. I love all of them with all of my heart and will fight to the death for any one of them.

As much as I have tried to be my own person these people have shaped who I am today. I've never intentionally tried to be unlike them, I just always thought I was somehow different. I'm not. Whenever I recognize one of their traits in me I just smile and am thankful that I've had such great people in my life to support me and guide me along.

What I Believe

I am an agnostic. I believe that there may be some kind of higher power that set everything in motion. What the higher power is, I have no idea and neither does anyone else. I don't subscribe to any organized religion. I'm not what anyone would call spiritual. No one cares what we do on this planet. I believe in making the most of the time that we have with each other. When I die the things that I have done and the influences that I've had won't go away. I do not want to be on my death bed and regret things that I didn't do. I want to fully ready and willing for whatever is next, whether that's anything at all.

I don't think I am better or smarter than other for what I believe. Everyone has an equal right to believe what they feel is right. I live and let live.

What I Do

I work as a sports performance coach. I train athletes from the ages of 10 to 60. I love what I do. My work dress is shorts, a t-shirt, and sweatpants if it's cold. There is no way I could work in an office all day with a tie around my neck. I appreciate the people that do, but it's just not for me. I hope to do this until it is time for me to retire.

What I Do In My Free Time


In my free time I train. When I say that I train I mean that I "workout" or "lift weights" or whatever you want to call it. I want to be as physically strong as I can be. I have certain goals for myself and no one is going to get in the way of them. I also want to be as mentally and emotionally and educationally strong as I can be. I like to read, conversate, and learn as much as I can. If you can teach me something, you are someone that I can get along with.



Who I'm All About


I am the type of person that can be funny and hurtful in the same breath. I never mean to be hurtful, I am more or less looking for a playful comeback. I am at my best whenever someone is calling me on my bullshit. Sometimes I take things a bit too far and get a little too personal, but I mean the best of intentions. I'm kind of like a puppy that bites a little too hard in play. They don't mean it to hurt they just go a little to heavy. If I ever go too far tell me and I will apologize with all of the sincerity in the world in front of whomever is listening. I will fight for what I believe is right, but will also back down when I know I am wrong.

I like to have a good time where ever I am. I prefer to be in the company of people I care about more than I like to be alone. Me time is great, but laughing my ass off with my friends and/or family is better.


Sometimes I feel that I am emotionally distant. If someone asks me, "What's wrong?" Many times I will only reply with, "I'm just tired." I'm sure my mother is yelling, "I KNEW IT!" She could always tell when something was bothering me. I constantly have a lot on my mind. If I don't share it with you please don't take offense. I prefer to deal with my problems in my own way. I'm not above asking for help though. Sometimes it takes me a while to realize that I need it.

Why I Train

I train for pure strength plain and simple. I want to be as strong as I possibly can be. I want to be able to walk into any room and be 99% sure that I am stronger than everyone else in it. I want to recognize and bring my weaknesses to the front. I then want to turn them into strengths.

Being strong takes discipline, consistency, patience, and balls out hard work. If I can practice these traits in the weight room I can practice them out of it. Life isn't about skating by. Life is about shaping and transforming your environment into something you can be proud of. Much like physical training is about shaping and transforming your body into something that enables you to enjoy the life you want. Whether you like to run marathons or deadlift cars or just live an active healthy life, weightlifting is something that will make those activities much more enjoyable. I am on the right track.

There are a few things in my life that I consider weaknesses. I'm not going to get in to what those things are. I would consider them minor at this point. Whether or not I am taking steps to turn them into strengths doesn't matter at this point. They will be taken care of.

What I Want From You

I want everyone to read and enjoy this blog. I want you to comment on it. Positive, negative, neutral, whatever. I want you to ask questions. I want you to learn something new when you read it. I want you to take your training to a place you never thought it could go. I want you to be inspired. I want you to take action and do.

"I am what I am, and that's all that I am" -Popeye

No comments:

Post a Comment