Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thursday- 2 Days Out

It rolls out and stretches or else it gets the hose again. I did tons of that today. My right TFL has been bugging me the last couple of days so I had Brad do some release techniques on it. His words, "Holy shit, that f***er is angry." Yeah.

There are lots of things, all mobility related, that I'm going to really focus on next week, which will be a deload. In no particular order they are my right hip flexor group, right TFL, right tibialis anterior, left quad, and both adductors. All of this is, in my mind, related to my right tibia having a slight bow to it. I really fall to my right arch when I walk and the problems that creates is now coming to a head because I haven't done anything to correct it.

This won't be a problem for my meet. My strength and mobility are fine for squatting, benching, and deadlifting. But I need to do more than just those three things, like walk without pain, conditioning, and kick Matt Gifford's ass in our upcoming wrastlin' match. Next Thursday, probably around 12:30 pm. It's gonna be epic.

Now here is a post about some of my least favorite things this country has to offer.

Something that has been on my mind lately is this low calorie beer crap. One thing that many people don't understand is that alcohol has 7 calories per gram. There are only so many carbs that can be taken out of the beer to reduce it's caloric load. The calories that are then taken out are from the alcohol. To me this is useless. This is probably due to the fact that alcohol companies are not required to place nutrition labels on their products. If they did then people would be able to compare different nutrient and alcohol values.

If the alcohol content is reduced then people will just drink more beers. Here is a dialogue from two friends, Lance and Morgan, in college. At the time Lance was thinking about dropping some Lbs.
Lance: I'm going to start drinking Michelob Ultra. You know, drop some pounds.
Morgan: Lance, you defeat the purpose of low carb/calorie beer when you drink 22 in one night.
Lance: You're right. Fuck it.



Bullshit

Not only is it crap that alcohol is taken out, but the taste is also reduced. I can't speak for everyone else, but I would rather drink full flavor/ calorie beer then watered down reduced calorie swill.

This post was originally posted on 12.13.09

No comments:

Post a Comment