Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday- 11 Days Out

Worked up to my opener on bench today. I tried to simulate how I would do my warmup next Saturday. I tried to guesstimate how I would plan all the rolling out, stretching, activation exercises, warmup sets, and time. In any case it went pretty well.

Bench: Barx5,5; 95X5; 135x3; 185x3; 205x1; 225x1; 250x1; 275x1

Once I got to 225 my mind brain was telling me I was pressing slow. I think this is just nerves and not being super confident in the lift. I just need to block this out, clear my head, and do the damn lift. This killed me at my last meet. I missed 265 twice because I was focused on the wrong things when I was lifting.

Once I got to 275 I brought it down good but got just a bit relaxed at the bottom after the "press" call. "Tight" is going to be the only thing going through my head on all three lifts come meet day. If I can do this I will block out all the negative stuff and just lift.

Lat Pulldowns: 3x12
Face Pulls: 3x12
w/ Tricep Pushdowns: 2x15

The rest of this week and next week are going to be some of the slowest in my life. I'm not nervous, just anxious. I'm excited to see what I can do and to see all of the training pay off.

Song of the Day

“Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle

No comments:

Post a Comment