Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thurs- Upper Accessory

Today was an upper body recovery/accessory/get-my-swell-on day. Nothing too heavy. I did keep the volume consistent with where it has been through my training, I just dropped the intensity a bunch. Also, I stretched and rolled out a bunch. I'll probably roll out again tonight before I put my jammer-jams on and go to bed.

DB Bench: 3x10
Inverted Row: 3x15
Arnold Press: 3x10
Rope Pull Down: 3x20
Band Pull Aparts: 3x20

In case you haven't been reading the NX Level Blog I've been posting what I've been doing with a couple teams that I train on Tuesday and Thursday nights. The two teams are a U-11 girls soccer team from SC Waukesha and The Wauwatosa Spartans, a local semi-pro football team. On Tuesday night as I was finishing up the soccer girls I asked them something about school and what they've been learning and what-not. I got the usual answers of, "history is boring", "we don't learn anything fun", "I hate math" etc. That is until Katelyn exclaimed, "I like slavery. Slavery is cool!" She immediately caught herself and said she like learning about slavery and that particular time period. A poor choice of words, but at least she likes learning. And it's funny as hell.

Song of the Day: "So What'cha Want" -The Beastie Boys

“Those who think they have no time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” -Edward Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment