Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday- Standing Press

I was a man possessed today. After about two weeks of deloading before the meet I needed to release some energy in the gym. Boy did I ever. All over the place. My spinal erectors are still sore, but not as bad as yesterday and my right hip is still giving me shit. But I wasn't about to let that stop me. Also, here is a video of my 551 squat. Notice the fist pump at the end.



Hang Snatch: worked up to 170x2
I can't even remember the last time I did these. They felt pretty good. The last one got a little loose and almost took my right shoulder with it. I dumped it just in time. No harm, no foul.

Standing Press: worked up to 155x10
Original plan was to just do five. I was feeling good so I maxed it out.

Chins: 40 total
w/ Dips: 60 total

Shrugs: 3x12
w/ Barbell curls: 3x8

Sledgehammer Tabata

10 minutes elliptical

The sledgehammer Tabata kicked my ass. I'm out of shape, unless you count round.

Song of the Day:

These guys kick ass. 'Nuff said, ball in.

“He who lives without discipline dies without honor.” -Icelandic Proverb

4 comments:

  1. you should have told me to keep my mouth shut

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I think I have been overtraining for the past two and a half weeks now(bad). I never really knew anything about util the past year, so what can you tell me about it? I was planning on taking the rest of the week off and starting back up on manday (5 days rest). Do you think that is going to be enough time. Also, I thought some real light pool workouts with a lot of stretching might be good. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pool workouts and stretching and rolling would be good. If you want to do some stuff in the weight room keep it to auxilary movements only and drop the load significantly. And yeah, about a week would be good timeframe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was a very subtle fist pump. but its message was loud.

    ReplyDelete