Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday- 9 Days Out

Did some TBR today. That is, Total Body Recovery. I just wanted to get some blood flowing and not feel like a total sack of goo from not really doing anything lately.

Power cleans: 154x3, 242x2
DB Bench: 3x10
w/ Reverse Hyper: 3x10

Chest Supported Row: 3x10
w/ GH Hypers: 3x12

Shoulder Complex: 2x10
w/ Hammer Curls: 2x10

I noticed yesterday that the front half of the inside of my right sole on my shoe is a lot more worn than the left. I had Brad confirm what I thought was the culprit and he concurred that I am slightly bowlegged on the lower half of my tibia (big bone of the lower leg). Having any bowleggedness can lead to a whole host of problems. Namely, an internal rotation of the same side knee, tightness in the same side TFL (outer hip flexor) and other hip flexors, an internal rotation and anterior tilt of the same side hip, lower back pain, and tightness in the opposite side shoulder.

I have a feeling this has been the cause of some of my previous mobility issues. The only thing I can do about the bone itself is put it into the "Thanks Mom and Dad" file. What I can do is stay on top of the strength and mobility issues that arise with this type of thing. I need to make sure I'm keeping my ankles strong on all sides, keep my hip flexors and glutes open on the same side, make sure my adductors are staying loose, and make sure I'm rolling everything sufficiently. This is all stuff I need to do anyway so it's not that big of a deal.

Song of the Day:

“There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy.” -Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments:

Post a Comment