Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday

2-Board bench: 265x1; 285x1; 300x1; 315x1; 325xmiss
Arnold Press: 3x10
Chest Supported Row: 3x8
Band Pull Aparts: 3x20

Bench felt good today. I was pausing my singles and felt like I was getting good drive off the board. The 315 felt easy. I lost the 325 forward. Brad was spotting me and pulled it back into my groove and I finished fine. I need to do a better job of trusting my technique, especially at heavier weights.

Time to start turning down the volume on the supplemental and accessory stuff. Kickstart some recovery up in here. Here is my plan for the next three and a half weeks.

(Sa) 3.6.10- DE lower body
(M) 3.8.10- DE upper body
(Tu)3.9.10- Lower body accessory
(Th)3.11.10- Upper Body accessory
(Sa)3.13.10- Work up to openers on squat and DL
(M)3.15.10- work up to opener on bench
(Th)3.18.10- total body recovery day
(Sa)3.20.10- work up to last warm up sets on squat and DL
(M)3.22.10- work up to last warm up set on bench
(Tu)3.23.10-(F)3.26.10- lots of rolling out, stretching, and recovery exercises
(Sa)3.27.10- GET IT ON! SFW!

So that's how I'm going to plan my next few weeks. I'm admittedly inexperienced in this area. I've only got two full meets under my belt. I know for a fact that I'm going to really have to keep myself in check during the recovery days to not do too much. It's going to be hard to throttle down since I've been going hard for near on two months and feel like I could keep going. Got to have the big picture in mind.

I booked the hotel for Nic and I yesterday. Motel 6, you won't know what hit you. I just hope they clean out any rat carcasses before we check in.

Song of the Day:

“Death tugs at my ear and says: "Live, I am coming"." -Oliver Wendall Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment